Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reports from The Games!







Skyler Sharp reporting from Greece..."Being here in Greece I have been shown how much fo an impact that youth can have on their communities and the world. When I get back I hope to make an impact as well as get other people involved with youth leadership and Special Olympics."





Chris Sullivan reports... "I Love it! I talked to my friends Josh and Noah last night on the computer. I danced with everyone."










By the end of this trip I am fairly confident Chris will have a photo with every other person here. I am daily inspired by the camaraderie youth here demonstrate regardless of any intellectual, political or religious backgrounds. No language or ability barrier is going to stop this group from making a difference in their communities and in the world. The political situation here in Greece is difficult, although we do not feel threatened in anyway. It is somewhat ironic that Special Olympics and Project UNIFY bring this amazing example of hope to Greece and the world at such a difficult time!










Yesterday we had an opportunity to visit the Olympic Village and meet Athletes from around the world! The energy, excitement and competitive spirit were really undescribible. Our youth had the opportunity to interview Athletes from all over and tell their stories to others! I wish you could all be here to be part of this amazing event!

No comments:

Post a Comment